Saturday, August 15, 2009

this is all i see.

I feel like I've neglected to blog lately mostly because I have. There's been a lot going on but at the same time, hardly anything,. I've been the happiest I've been and I've had some epic downers. I feel stability riding underfoot right before it crumbles beneath my weight. I try talking to people who don't understand only to realize that I don't understand, either. But we've been here before, have we not? Sometimes I think that I'm not meant to be understood, because if I were, there would have been some sort of inkling in that direction by now. But maybe I expect too much.

"it's just the one that i had / it's just the one for me tonight / it's just the two of us here / it's just the two of us now / and we can talk about it all"

The run-down goes something like this. I'm ridiculously stressed because of my classes (my schedule is like death), band, family problems, and the increasingly difficult nature of maintaining my relationships. I hit my breaking point Thursday night, ignored it because I absolutely had to finish my homework, passed out, and last night hit the same wall but couldn't ignore how I felt. I was a disaster. I guess I felt better after watching a movie over at Justin's, but I really just needed some sleep. My current lack of sleep has been an absolute disaster as far as I'm concerned. It's seriously not okay anymore. I'm cracking up. And no, that is not meant in a good way. There is so much stress and negative energy coming down on me and I don't really know how to handle it yet. I'm still in transfer-mode from summer and here we go, Day One, four AP classes plus the French ordeal and band. Not to mention tutors has me in the door for first period three days a week. What is going on. This is a mess. I don't even know what to do or say about it. I just want to sleep and eat. Keep myself alive. But that isn't exactly what I have the time to do at this point.

"little girl yeah / don't have to tell you it's the hardest part"

Also, because of band, I can't go to the Franz Ferdinand concert tonight. THANKS, BRANDON AND HINMAN. Just thought I'd get that out. Because I've only been looking for ward to it for like. three or four months. Ya know. No big.

"there's no way he could win / just had to take it on the chin"

I feel like I'm just kind of floundering. I don't want to tread and spit. I want to make a lap pool out of the ocean. I want to take the world by its stupid head and shake it around and tell it to behave and cut the crap. I'm still working on it. Let me get back to you on that.

2 comments:

LPT said...

Mr. Rozeboom (Jared's dad) wrote me a letter for my birthday...and I didn't really read and understand what it meant at the time...but I re-read it like a month later, and it hit me.
One of the things he said I was learn was
"why people are the way they are"
and it's just because they don't know what they're doing. They do everything in THEIR ability to do what is right, or at least what seems right. We (you, me, a few others) will leave it up to God. What happens, happens. What doesn't, won't.
People will step on you, throw your emotions around, and forget about you.
God won't do that. He'll never step on you, He'll take your emotions into EXTREME consideration, and He'll never forget you.
He hates to see you in these pits, Danielle. But he's right there with you.
You and I have had to learn that the hard way. A lot of people haven't experienced what you have...but for every trial there's a triumph. For every tear there are two smiles. You're becoming an awesome woman and it takes bad events to refine your beauty.
Like gold melted and put through flames, the impurities are melted away and you're beautiful in the end. Fire isn't exactly pleasant, but it's SO worth it.

And like the quote you liked....
""The first step after a stumble must be in the direction of the Cross"
We've had quite a few stumbles...meaning we just have to not walk, but RUN to the Cross!

I love you, Danielle!
-Leah

danielleinwonderland said...

That's pretty much what I need to hear(: It's so hard & yes 'sucks' is a good word but at the same time, this defines who we are & who we become. & I am RUNNIN. =] Thanks Leah.