Okay, this isn't your average Danielle out of the average blog. I have something I need to say, and if I don't just write it out now, I'm going to explode on the next stupid person who offends me.
I don't care what you think. There was a reason that Michael Jackson was not sent to jail for child molestation or whatever else that business was about. That reason was in no way shape or form tied to the amount of money he has or his personal connections, either, before some moron tries to use that excuse. If you think that the American justice system failed in that court case, you would be making a lot heavier accusations than you could ever realize or handle. So stop it. Michael Jackson was not a RAPIST, butthead.
Also, whether you liked his music or not, agreed with his personal life choices or not, or thought his plastic surgery was an enhancement or detractment, I don't give a flying crap. The man was an American icon. Beyond his music touching the world in a way that it had not done since the likes of Elvis and The Beatles, he is a prime example of what America actually stands for: a rich diversity in cultural and personal decisions, that we are free to make on our own, and if you can't see past that, then shame on you. No one could ever claim to understand the life he lived because not one of you grew up in the spotlight and yet were degraded for something you couldn't change--yet when he did attempt to fit in the standard of physical beauty, he was scorned. This world was not for Michael Jackson. And so while I am deeply saddened by his untimely departure and for the uncertain future of his three darling children, I am comforted to know that he is in a place designed for him.
I don't care who the hell you are or think you are, Michael Jackson was an artist and innovator. The crappy music you listen to wouldn't even be around without his legacy. So get over the fact that you're wrong about the personal attacks you've slung in a moment of retardation, and give respect where respect is due.
Friday, June 26, 2009
excuse me.
Posted by danielleinwonderland at 12:22 PM
Labels: michaeljackson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment