Saturday, June 20, 2009

inspire me.

So far, these are the ideas I have for the quoted/inspired summer list Keegan and I are working on together...

  1. Have a day where alllllll I do is watch movies. And eat. Possibly pee. Couch Potato - Weird Al
  2. Take LOTS of model-esque photos, &
  3. Jump out a window. I'm Not Okay - My Chemical Romance
  4. Count ceiling tiles in a HUGE room. Or all the ones in an office building. Happiness is Overrated - Airborne Toxic Event
  5. Check tire pressure, &
  6. Clean oven. Everything Is Alright - Motion City Soundtrack
  7. Go to a petting zoo. Still Take You Home - Arctic Monkeys
  8. Use audio/aural ammunition, &
  9. Do the evil Joe Strummer laugh as many times as possible in one day. This Is Radio Clash - The Clash
  10. Go trick-or-treating. In July. Masquerade - Andrew Lloyd Webber
  11. Recreate the First Day of My Life video by Bright Eyes.
  12. Shoot a reenactment of The Shining, &
  13. Build a fort in the woods. Jeremy Fraser - Franz Ferdinand
  14. Make & wear sweet headdresses. Headdress - Amazing Baby
  15. Learn how to hand-jive. Born to Hand Jive - Sha-Na-Na
  16. Sing karaoke. Often. It's My Life - Bon Jovi
  17. Go to a thrift store. Indie Rock n Roll -The Killers
  18. Go to the opera. Van Tango - Franz Ferdinand
  19. Play with a parachute - Faberge Falls for Shuggie - of Montreal
  20. Make (and/or become) a scarecrow. Scarecrow - Beck
  21. Smash up terrible cds. Kill Rock n Roll - System of a Down
  22. Unravel an ugly sweat, possibly bought at aforementioned thrift shop. Undone (Sweater Song) - Weezer
  23. Write a random but totally awesome song on the spot. A Song to Pass the Time - Bright Eyes
  24. Learn a tribal dance. In costume. Love Lockdown - Kanye West
  25. Film a war reenactment. Think Platoon. The Ghost of You - My Chemical Romance
  26. Build a small city. Light on fire. Repeat. This Fire - Franz Ferdinand
  27. Live in backwards slo-mo as long as possible. The Scientist - Coldplay
  28. Ride LOTS of elevators. Stuck in a Glass Elevator - Myriad
  29. Take pictures by the pool. Beverly Hills - Weezer
  30. Go on a gas station shopping spree. Strange Things Are Afoot at the Circle K - The Victim Of
  31. Stand/sit as close to random people as possible. Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
  32. Write a polka. Angry White Boy Polka - Weird Al
  33. Learn phrases in a new language that pretty much no one speaks. A New Language - Myriad
  34. Learn to cook. Hedonistic Me - Born Ruffians
  35. Become a neon tiger. Neon Tiger - The Killers
  36. Drive a Chevy to the levee, &
  37. Find some pink carnations. American Pie - Don McLean
  38. Dress and do hair like an Asian greaser. Nothing to Worry About - Peter Bjorn and John
  39. Act like we're straight out of Clockwork Orange (members of Alex's droog posse haha). Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
  40. Have puppets speak for us for a day. Evil - Interpol
  41. Tell all my friends how much I love them. My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  42. Look like Dee Snyder,
  43. Rock!!!, &
  44. Fight EVERYTHING. We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
  45. Catch Grease at least five times on TV. Grease - Frankie Valli
  46. Take ten for EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING. Kiss Off - Violent Femmes
  47. Find a positive for every negative ever. Dashboard - Modest Mouse
  48. Find my reflection in the stereo. Sweet Troubled Soul - stellastarr*
  49. Learn a song in another language. Tell Her Tonight - Franz Ferdinand
  50. Ride a train. Wishing Well - Airborne Toxic Event
  51. "I'm not lost, just wandering." Hometown Glory - Adele
  52. Write our own version os popcorn since everyone else has already. Popcorn
  53. Get & use dancing shoes. Dancing Shoes - Arctic Monkeys
  54. Make things out of jelly. Jellybones - The Unicorns
  55. Call a cab. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
  56. Bury something six feet under. Self-taught Learner - Lissy Trullie
  57. Go to a fleamarket. Born in a Fleamarket - stellastarr*
  58. See the lights from a rooftop. Anthem of Our Dying Day - Story of the Year
  59. Walk with a ghost. Walking With a Ghost - Tegan & Sara
  60. Act like Bukowski. Bukowski - Modest Mouse
  61. Write said song. I Will Never Write an Obligatory Song About Being on the Road and Missing Someone - Say Anything
  62. Make someone's head explode from talking. If You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode) - People In Planes
  63. Directly contradict everything everyone says for a day. That's All - Genesis
  64. Be hung up to dry. Hang Me Up to Dry - Cold War Kids
  65. Sit in a boggy marsh. Lump - The Presidents of the United States
  66. Feed the ground. Fly Trapped in a Jar - Modest Mouse
  67. Do pretty much everything in the song. Ur So Gay - Katy Perry

2 comments:

LPT said...

15 and 16. Hand-jiving is SO easy! And karaoke...well, I'm somewhat biased.

danielleinwonderland said...

I've never hand-jived, so I just wanna try it. & the backstory on all of this (that I conveniently left out...) is that Keegs & I wanted to do a summer list but I decided to make it original so each of the things we've added are either directly quoted from a song, the title, or the music video. & honestly I've never done karaoke! I know it sounds ridiculous (who really hasn't done it) but I really haven't. :X